Sunday, December 4, 2011

Street Style: Denver, Colorado

 m- Last week I was fortunate enough to make another trip across the country to see some of my beautiful friends from Barcelona after a year and a half apart. The reunion was much over due. The juxtaposition in climate between Wilmington and Denver could not have been greater and it was so awesome to experience it. There is nothing like the Rockies in the winter and I really got inspired by this winter wonderland.
Its not easy to dress stylish in 12 degree weather, but living in Colorado for so long, Ellese and Katie are pros at tackling this task. Ellese spiced up her outfit with this Michael Kors fur vest and a knit beanie we found at the H&M in town. Fresh, precious, and warm for sure. 
While venturing through Estes Park in the heart of the Rockies, we stopped in a little village for some homemade ice cream. After shedding a layer inside, you could see Ellese's army green mesh BCBG top, another great addition to Ellese's stylish yet functional outfit. 

In one of the valleys on our journey through the mountains, there were caribou as far as the eye could see. These guys were pretty nice to let us share their home on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. 
My Barcelona girls. Meeting these two girls is one of the best things that has ever happened to me and I can't wait to be a part of the McKinney family for a long long time. And good thing they're fashionable too! Katie and I got these gray knit snoods in the new H&M in Denver and I'm pretty sure Katie hasn't taken her's off since I left. Finally, I had an appropriate place to break out this patterned sweater that I snagged in Paris at Zara when Courtney and I went to Europe for spring break last year. A massive frozen lake lined with snow covered evergreens served as our backdrop for pictures...and don't forget the snow-topped mountains. 

The great midwest. I have a feeling I'll be back here soon. 

Because we're obsessed. 

Fresh and Precious 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...